After taking a near two year break, having two children and moving 300 miles south, I’m now restarting one of my passions; spacesfm will continue the pursuit of beautiful electronic music with Classical overtones and crossed-genres. You will find many old posts on this website, great timeless mixes and tracks, new updates will be coming soon, so subscribe to receive notification. Thank you to all those who have supported this site and ethos during the hiatus by sending their messages and music. We will no longer be streaming music 24/7 but you will have access to all the quality mixes and downloads from some amazing artists. www.mixcloud.com/spacesfm will be the chosen home for streams and where downloads are made available https://hearthis.at/spacesfm will be used for as long as their site remains mix friendly. If you would like to get involved with spacesfm please contact me, I’m always looking out for writers and new music, I’d love to hear from you. Lats
My music composition software of choice is [[Ableton Live]] and soon to come [[Ableton Live 8]], very excited. Here’s a snippet of the press release from their website.
To read the whole thing click here
Software ships second Quarter 2009
Berlin, Germany (January 15, 2009) – Ableton is excited to announce the agenda for 2009: Ableton Live 8, Ableton Suite 8, new instruments and three completely new product initiatives.
Live 8 and Suite 8 enhance the Ableton vision of creative, real-time digital music with a wealth of new techniques, effects and most-wanted workflow improvements. These include a new groove engine, revamped warping techniques, live looping, five new effects (including the Ableton Vocoder), crossfades in the Arrangement View, group tracks and a reworked MIDI editor. Ableton Suite 8 includes all that plus a massive, inspired sound library and all the instruments a musician could hope for, including a wide range of synths, a sampler, electric and acoustic drums (new: Latin percussion), mallets (new: Collision), numerous sampled instruments and a new, even-mightier Operator.
New in Ableton Live 8:
- New groove engine: new groove library, extract grooves from audio or MIDI, real time groove quantize
- New warping engine: warp audio events by adjusting the events on the timeline, updated Beats Warp Mode, new Complex Warp Mode, slice audio files to MIDI tracks based on transients
- Looper: classic sound-on-sound looping without the limitations of a hardware device. Record, overdub, undo and more without touching the computer. “First loop sync,” simple loop management
- New effects: Vocoder, Multiband Dynamics, Overdrive, Limiter and Frequency Shifter
- Workflow enhancements: including real-time crossfades in the Arrangement View, enhanced MIDI editing, group tracks, multiple track selection, a screen magnifier and more
New in Ableton Suite 8:
- World-class sound library: completely new sound library with real-world “Sound Objects,” presets, grooves, templates and, above all, over 1600 beautiful sounds
- Collision and Corpus: a unique physical-modeling instrument for authentic mallet sounds and creative percussion. Includes Corpus, a separate effect that reproduces Collision’s resonator section
- Latin Percussion: a collection of acoustic percussion instruments from the worlds of Brazilian, Afro-Cuban and African music plus a wide selection of clips and grooves for authentic usage
- Operator, Ableton’s renowned do-it-all synthesizer, has been given a major overhaul. New filter types, more modulation routing options and additive wavetable synthesis with drawable partials make Operator more powerful and flexible than ever.
Plus these existing Ableton instruments: Sampler, Electric, Tension, Analog, Drum Machines, Session Drums* and the Essential Instrument Collection 2*.