We often avoid facing the dark side of ourselves. Softening the pain of past regrets and hurts and avoiding the pain of things we are ashamed of. Sometimes we need to sit with the hurts and embarrassment of the past, sit and face the rawness and allow ourselves to face the dark side of our soul. Only then can we really move onto new hope.
It’s been a long time since I did one of these mixes. Finding time to compile them is no easy task but recently I found the time and the inspiration to sit down and create.
I often come across people who love to listening to the spaces mixes catalogue, they tell me how the music has brought them moments of peace and inspiration. I love the feedback. I decided to put together this latest mix as a friend began telling me how they listen to the spaces series as they cycle home from work through London. It helps them transition and wind down from a day full of challenges
In this mix of Ambient, Chillout, Cinematic Scores and Aoundscapes I have tried to represent the idea of transition, the changing of a season or the movement from one space into another and how in those moments we can find peace and stillness.
Compiled by LATTY
1. Stray Theories – Blackout – Even Tho We Sleep
2. Ben Barret / A Onda – The Space between two opposites
3. Markus Guentner – Saint – Talking Clouds
4. John O’Callaghan – Rhea
5. Tony Anderson – Anastasis – Movements of the Heart
6. Tony Anderson – Rise Edit
7. Arnej Josie – Strangers we’ve become
8. Dream on – Above and Beyond
9. John O’Callaghan feat Lo Fi Sugar – Never Fade Away
10. Jon Hopkins – Monsters Theme
11. Thomas Tallis – Spem in Alium
12. Julien Meir ft Bijou (Ghost Dust Remix) – Glide Sail Float
Photography by Simon Bray